TOME Episode 05 TOME Episode 05

i'm not going to review the story or plot, because i find it incredibly bad to begin with (Serious drama + MMORPG's do not mix well)

The animation was just as lazy as the other episodes. the majority of the lip-syncing was just looping frames. The Backgrounds were just basic shapes with heavy gradiant use, which looks lazy as well.
Constant text font change made it incredibly hard to read, it's not even necessary, the voicing is clear enough to not need it, but it's to go with the MMORPG feel, alright, but not every character need their own unique(?) text font. And eye-wrenching color use made my eyes hurt (that green ring the monster used, and other moments).

One of my major (of many) problems with this episode is when Zetto and Alpha fight, you switched Zetto's hands constantly, i could understand if it was a one time mistake, but it happend EIGHT times, you should at least make the effort to fix something that's obviously wrong even if it means you have to upload the video on a later date.

One thing i will say looked nice was the tournment poster, BUT i couldn't read any of it soooo.....

Needs much improvement, please work on your quality. I don't want to hate this series but i feel it's incredibly lacking in many areas.

Da Binding of Izick Da Binding of Izick

Your Writting

Please stop just pulling the first idea out of your head before making a video game parody. Don't just become a sellout, because that seems to be the path your heading towards and are already on. try some other jokes that aren't parodies. Be original, or use simple setups for jokes other people and shows use, there's nothing wrong with using a same joke as someone else just make sure you use it in a original manner.

other than that Twisted4000 pretty much summed up my thoughts.

- i played the game, and didn't make me laugh.
- work on keeping proportions right, even with if its a quick project. And especially with the simplest of shapes. doing a beginning, middle, and end frame first won't hurt you.

- don't use so many "what is this?" and "why?" jokes they drag on and get old fast.

i'm not trying to be a dick, but you keep making the same mistakes, and seem to allow your easily impressed audience and easily obtained awards to make you think it's alright to make badly written animations so long as that's what the common folk want and gets you views.

KawaiiPiranha responds:

See this is actually something I agree with. HONESTLY, I do not think I deserve as many awards as I've gotten. I feel like people are way too easily pleased with my work on newgrounds.

I'm not going to pretend I put a ton of work into writing this because I really didn't. I just wanted to do a quick parody, similar to the way Ukinojoe does his parodies. It just ended up being a bit longer.

I appreciate the way you put your comment though. You didn't come off as being a dick, you came off as someone who had some good advice, but wasn't afraid to be a little harsh. I appreciate it, I really do. I'm still learning so It's all part of the process I suppose. I need to sign up for some art lessons. I've basically taught myself everything I know about drawing/animating, and I feel like some classes could really help me out.

Thanks ^^

But in my defense, I don't understand how it makes me a sellout to produce things that are generally received positively, that people like. It's not like I'm sitting at the computer and saying "i bet this'll make a shit load of money". If I wanted to do that, I would have made a minecraft cartoon or a CoD cartoon. I made a BOI cartoon because PERSONALLY, I love the game and wanted to make a quick parody of it. People have different senses of humor. I understand that this isn't your style. From a writing perspective, yes, I didn't work very hard on this. From an art perspective, the character is simple and I didn't do much to expand upon him. From an animation perspective, there were some size inconsistencies, but it's a hell of a lot better than my cartoons from a few months ago.

So yeah, I can see where you and twisted are coming from, but I also have to respectfully stand up for myself and say that I work pretty hard. I'm improving slowly but surely, so just give me some time. Hopefully at some point I'll make something you like.

Kid Icarus: Downfall Kid Icarus: Downfall

still have problems with proportion and making them move smoothly. Better, but still very annoying.
The girl tits changes sizes about 5 times (huge, not as huge, small, huge, small).

the way you make them move with is like (o..o..o..o..o) when it should be more like (o.o...o...o.o), they move a little, then a big jump, then ease back in

the 10 second title cards you make have no effort in them, i guess they work but annoying as well, but for once try making a nice one.

Redheads Redheads

i would say something along those lines. ?:^) x

SpeedoSausage responds:

Ms. Marvel Ms. Marvel

i really think you should work on your hands. you make them kind of flat and the fingers are all the same size, and the thumbs are a little high on the palms (too close to where fingers start)

bocodamondo responds:

i tell myself the same thing over and over again as well...but i just cant improve on that one thing. even after checking out soo many hand tutorials...i really dont understand why they are soo hard for me to draw

Three Individuals Three Individuals

love the style, and the detail to hands

WetPhyseter responds:

It comes in handy once in a while.